Sunday, June 12, 2011

What I do on vacation :)

I am finally finished a commission for a Monopoly board. It was specifically created for a couple's 50th wedding anniversary. Each square is a specific celebration of their lives together. It was so much fun to create, but after three 12 hr days of continuous painting I am really glad it is finished. Here is the final result:























This past week I've been on vacation. I finished the monopoly board and made molds of a dinnerware set. I'm pretty pumped about it. So excited in fact that I cast them too early before the molds dried completely, and so I'm waiting on the casts SLOWLY come out of the molds. :) I worked on some bowls also and today I hope to finally finish a teapot I've been making.
I've felt self motivated and my desire to go to grad school has grown exponentially. I still want to stay in Savannah for another year or two to continue to build a portfolio (that will hopefully get me into a great ceramics program) and achieve a few other goals. It has felt so good to be in my studio and create. I hope that one day I get the opportunity to be a full time artist, but for the time being, the little vacations like these are really good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment