Like I mentioned earlier, progress is happening, but not without a few added stress factors. I was firing a kiln this weekend when it didn't reach temperature. I thought it was because I was venting the kiln, so I restarted it, and unfortunately, it is one or more of the elements. So I have to unload all the work, repair, and re-fire. Ugh. That work was scheduled to arrive at UG next Monday...obviously that probably won't happen.
Previous to the firing, I realized that my studio space was not large enough. If I were to start taking over the living room, Josh may divorce me, so I added two more 12"Wx48"L MDF shelves to my arrangement I had already set up. When I woke up the next morning, I noticed a hairline crack extending across the wall. I spoke with one of my students at the Clay Spot who is a construction worker, and he said it was the dry wall seam. Growing up, my dad harped at his wife and 3 girls to ALWAYS hang things in the studs. I have no idea what I was originally thinking, but apparently I didn't put the single shelf strips in the studs and the weight of the new shelves caused the drywall to shift. I purchased a cheap stud finder, took the work down, and reattached the shelves. My house is fairly aged, and I wasn't having much luck finding the studs with the cheap finder. I looked up all types of DIY help tips, and I'm pretty sure what I found was a stud and not just drywall. I was a nervous wreck that night, because I was second guessing where the studs were and imaging the scene I would discover in the morning with all my sets crushed and laying on the floor. Here is the beauty of my shelves now, filled with UG goods. :)