Monday, March 19, 2012

Collecting

I just wanted to share my most recent purchase.  I really love hand-made cups and I want to build a collection.  It's something I haven't invested a lot in just yet, but I figure that I am still young and I will find many amazing cups along the way.  Since I had a little extra money come my way recently from the SCAD commission I decided to purchase this beauty by Chris Pickett (I can't wait to use it!):


It's in a show at Schaller Gallery in Michigan.  To see the rest of the show go here. 

In other news, great advances have been made in the UG area.  I took some MUCH needed vacation time last week and got some good studio things accomplished.  I cannot wait until I'm finished.  Doing all of these extracurricular things while balancing life has not been an easy task, but I feel that it has prepared me to devote my time more evenly between work, studio work, and personal time.  I cherish the time I spend in my studio and with my family more because I have a set schedule when I can get things done.  There's been a big learning curve in realizing how to handle stress.  I have to remind myself now and then that things will get accomplished and I shouldn't overreact.  If they don't, then they won't, but that's okay.  I need to take with me what knowledge I can gain from the experience, hope I did my best, and move forward.

Whew, enough serious time!  I just looked up at the image again and I really can't wait to get my cup. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment